Park County offers many outdoor recreation choices including Burning Bear Trail, Black Bear Trail, Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area, Horse Trails, Eleven Mile State Park Cross Country Ski Trails, and so much more. CLICK HERE FOR UPCOMING EVENTS
- The National Forest lies only a half mile to our east.
- The Pike National Forest brings hunters from all over the world to find their trophy elk or deer.
- South Park, or Fairplay as it is also called, is known as the capital of trout fishing in Colorado.
- ATV enthusiasts love riding the many hundreds of miles of off road trails through the mountainous terrain.
- Mountain climbers can try their endurance on the 14ners and the 13,000 foot peaks or those who prefer a stroll through the woods can follow the mountain range on a less challenging walk.
- Mountain biking is a staple outdoor activity in the summer and cross country skiing or snow shoeing in the winter. Enthusiasts come from all over the country to ride, walk, ski the beautiful Rocky Mountains.
- Lovers of white water rafting can be shuttled to the mighty Colorado River for a fun filled, adrenaline stimulated day or nearby stables allow for guided outings that offer the finest panoramic views the area has to offer.
- For the history buff, Fairplay hosts, South Park, a western town comprised of oldest buildings in Park County, fully furnished. Visitors come from the world over to see how the west really was won.
- Park County is also home to some of the oldest trees in the world; the bristlecone pine. Some of these trees are upwards of 2000 years